And so begins the 2012 Bucket List. It’s ambitious, but hey, what’s life without a challenge?
(Note: I’ve replaced some names with first initials for personal privacy purposes for the time being!)
Updated as of: May 16, 2012
Do – 2012
- Go to Sweet Green
- I got the Warm Grain Bowl, and it was darn delicious!
- Go to Wisey’s
- See National Holocaust Museum
- Go to Eastern Market with S
- Go into the city at least once per week
- Run or bike the C&O Canal Road in D.C
- Rent a bike via capital bike share
- Attend a concert in D.C. or elsewhere
- Host a fancy schmancy dinner party
- Plan a brunch with friends
- Remember to take vitamins more often
- Keep track of finances via a spreadsheet
- Call or skype family/friends at least once per week
- Just talked to the best friend today
- Keep in touch with friends from home via Facebook inbox
- Go to Disneyland with the Fab Four
- Go on another insane 20 mile bike ride with Blake
- Run a race or something of the sort
- Find a way to do yoga at least once per week, either in 506 or at a studio!
- Haven’t been to the gym in days. YIKES.
- Home for the summer, and this happening.
- Try meditation at the meditation center
- Host the Inaugural Food Party with Family Swag
- It was bomb.com…SO much good food.
- Plan to spend a New Years Eve with Family Swag sometime in the future
- Dance like nobody’s watching (with H )
Work – 2012
- Get a job for the spring semester
- Accomplished! I now work for The Corp, which is the world’s largest completely student owned and operated business and 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Run completely by 235 Georgetown students I work in the marketing department and also serve up coffee at our shop, Uncommon Grounds, 3 times per week.
- As of late January, I’m also the Middle Middle of Purchasing for Uncommon Grounds, the Middle Manager of Digital Media for IT+Marketing, and the Senior Design Editor for Behind the Counter.
- Get a job over the summer
- I’m going to be interning at Georgetown’s McDonough School of Business and working at The Corp part time. I may also be walking a cute bulldog here and there
- Apply to The Corp
- Did it! So much sarcasm, so little time. There were a crazy number of applicants for very few spots, so we shall see…
- Despite a crazy acceptance rate of 8%, I got in!
- Write for another blog or publication
Blog – 2012
- Bake or cook something amazing…and blog about it!
- NEED to remember to do this!!!
- Summer makes this easier…
- Attend or organize a blogger meetup
- Blog once or twice per week
- Almost daily! I’m taking a mini-hiatus but will still be posting a little
- Continuously update recipe index
- Uhh yeah, this needs work..
Travel – 2012
- To Philly to visit E
- To Maine to visit H
- To San Diego to visit S
- Invite H/B/E to visit California
- Go on a trip somewhere on the East Coast (perhaps New York?) with S
- Plan a roadtrip with B+E and/or Family Swag
- Go on a trip with Mom
- Easter. She’s coming to D.C.!
Be – 2012
- Mindful when it comes to food. Listen to your body.
- PUNCTUAL! Nobody likes a later tater, and I’m bad about this.
- Kind to your body.
- Willing to share
- Present right now
- Okay with taking a break from work
Eat – 2012
- Founding Farmers
- Went with B&E. My new favorite restaurant! The pancakes were HUGE.
- Bus Boys and Poets
- So in love. Must go back!
- Paul French Bakery and Cafe
- Went with the mother for brunch to kick off Easter!
- Le Pain Quotidien
- Java Green
- Kafe Leopold
- Soul Vegetarian’s Exodus
- Everlasting Life Cafe
- Senbeb Cafe
- Food for Thought Cafe
- Sunflower Restaurant
- Biagio Fine Chocolate
- Sweet Green
- It was great, albeit expensive-ish for a broke college student.
- D.C. Restaurant Week
- Ethiopian Food
- Went with mother dearest to Zenebech Injera over Easter Break.
- Something in Alexandria?
- Baked and Wired/Sprinkles
- Great Sage
- Go back to Busboys and Poets with S
- Success! Recap to come soon. I had the tempeh sandwich
- Try 2 new cuisines
- Go back to Au Lac
Cook/Bake – 2012
- Belgian Liege Waffles
- Protein Pancakes
- One of Nati’s recipes
- Recipes from Claremont McKenna
- Homemade seitan
- Tempeh that doesn’t suck
- A freakin’ amazing veggie burger
- Homemade pasta
- Bomb diggity whole wheat bread
- A snazzy coffee drink that puts Starbucks to shame
- The perfect choco chip cookie recipe
- A vegetarian sandwich that ROCKS
Before Going Back to Georgetown (Spring Semester)
- Trip to San Diego
- Failed. To be accomplished during the summer!
- Grab lunch with the cousins
- Till summer!
- Take a dip in the Pacific Ocean
- ‘Twas too cold Summmmmmmmmmer!
- Go on a hike!
- We went to Rock Creek Park over easter!
- Go to Disneyland with mum
- Get Indian Food with friends from home
- Write a first semester Georgetown Reflection